Five Dirty Little Secrets about DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS!
I am so excited that DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS, book two in my A Likely Story Series is coming to readers June 27, 2017 from Lyrical Press! To give YOU, the reader, a little sneak peek inside the book, I thought it might be fun to offer five dirty little secrets about the book. Enjoy!
1. At its core, DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS is a friends-to-lovers romance, with a nail-biting revenge element as well as tons of suspense. There’s also action, crime drama…oh, and a tip toward taking on the pharmaceutical industry with a group of FBI Agents who may or may not be trusted. Still unclear at this point.
2. By parties who have asked to remain anonymous, the hero, Xander Dade, has been compared to “Captain America on steroids.” He has a voracious appetite for sex and prefers his women curvy with an extra side of curves. Without question, he is also the biggest dork I’ve ever written. Super dork, this guy. Epic dork.
3. The heroine, Charlie McGovern, is a full-time thief who struggles with her weight. She knows all the pressure points in the human body and there isn’t a lock known to man she can’t pick. Sarcasm is her super power. Unless you’re itching for trouble, you may wanna think twice before ticking her off.
4. All the characters readers fell in love with in DIRTY DEEDS—book one in this series—make an appearance in DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS. Yes, including Mocha. And yes, he’s every bit as funny. Be forewarned you may need to keep a tissue handy during certain parts of the read. During others, you will most certainly need a padded chair to cushion the edge of your seat. Trust me on this.
5. In the close to 5.8 billion times I’ve read the “bathroom scene” (ßno idea where Charlie gets her sarcasm), I’ve yet to recover from what Xander does to her in that little room. Not sure I ever will.
Revenge might be cold . . .
Xander Dade has a deep-seated regret, and the nomadic decade he’s spent doling out justice as a computer hacker hasn’t helped ease his conscience. Ever since Charlie McGovern was asked to leave the specialized revenge-for-hire business called Dirty Deeds, the curvy blonde bombshell has been stuck in his head. And now that the talented thief is being stalked by a dangerous enemy, Xander isn’t about to let her slip through his fingers—not when he’s so close to convincing her she belongs in his bed . . .
But desire is a dish best served hot
Caught in a high-stakes game of cat and mouse, Charlie won’t be surrendering her secrets any time soon. Not even when long-lost friend, Xander Dade, shows up, packing a sexy agenda all his own. Her movements are being tracked, and accepting his help may put everyone she loves in danger. Things are getting too hot to handle, and selling her secrets to the highest bidder may end up costing more than her heart . . .
Multi-published, award-winning author and editor AJ Nuest resides in Northwest Indiana with her loving husband, two beautiful children, and a bevy of spoiled pets. Her four-part serial fantasy romance, The Golden Key Chronicles, was recently named the RONE Time Travel Romance of 2015 by InD’tale Magazine, and her contemporary romantic comedy, She’s Got Dibs, won First Place in the Heartland Romance Author’s Show Me the Spark! Contest, 2013. For more please visit her at ajnuest.com.